Our instructors have a combined experience of more than 30 years in martial arts including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Kickboxing, and Wrestling.
What’s Different About Universal?
- Long-term contracts.
- High testing fees.
- Commercial Belt Factory.
(Selling belts & ranks)
- Registration fees.
- Intimidation or commercialism.
- Longest established Brazilan Jiu Jitsu organization in Clark County.
- Top-Quality training facility, instructors & mentoring.
- A fun & friendly atmosphere.
- Beginner only classes.
- Fighter/competition only classes.
- A journey - not a destination.
Specialties: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Judo, & MMA
Owner & head Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor Mel Locke started training martial arts in 1985. In 1998 Mel was inspired by the performance of Royce Gracie’s early UFC victories and a new passion stirred.
Mel is a Pedro Sauer Black Belt, and has trained with Rickson Gracie, Luis Heredia, Rylan Lizares and many more.
He has accumulated over 20 years of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training and 4 Full Contact Fighting Championship (FCFF) belts including Super Fight Champion & Light Weight Champion.